Construction unions and contractors across California are dedicating resources, creating and deploying training curriculums, and sending their personnel onto jobsites in support of field craft-persons. Do your part too.
Every worker on every job has a responsibility to operate as safely as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Union members should hold each other to these high standards, and work together to protect team members, families and communities.
Top 10 Rules for Zero Tolerance Jobsite Safety Enforcement:
- No congregating before or after the the work shift
- No multi-person commuting or riding in crew trucks without separation
- No eating lunch or breaks sitting or standing next to each other
- No sharing of food, beverages, iPads, cell phones or digital devices
- No sharing of any PPE
- No meetings or gatherings without social distance
- No use of equipment or tools without prior disinfecting
- No illnesses hidden on the job because you can’t miss work
- No pushback, ridicule or complaining about others embracing social distancing or the wearing of masks on the job
- No compromises for friends or colleagues who don’t want to follow the required guidelines